- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs, massage or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions, exfoliation or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
- • Keep Make-up, perfumed products and other skincare products a minimum for 24-hours after having a Facial
- Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise twice daily, Mask application one to two times per week
- Do not apply any other exfoliating skincare products for 72-hours after a facial. Thereafter, it is advise to exfoliate every twice a week
- Stay away from direct sunlight/sunbeds and heat e.g. saunas for 48-hours after having a Facial
- For long term results use the prescribed products for homecare and return for treatments every 4-weeks to maintain
- Always use an SPF
- Avoid alcohol and heavy meals for 24-hours after treatment.
- Always drink plenty of water after treatment to help flush toxins from the body.
- Do not undertake any other body treatment for 48-hours after treatment.
- Stay away from direct sunlight/sunbeds.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks as these will stimulate the body and not help you to relax
- Stay relaxed 12-hours after treatment
- Following an aromatherapy treatment, avoid showering for at least 12-hours as the essential oils will continue to penetrate the skin and maximise benefits
- For long term results, book in for regular treatments.
First and foremost, please ensure that you keep the treated area meticulously clean and dry for the first 48 hours post treatment.
It is important to take extra care of the treated area, especially within the first 48 hours* of treatment. This will give the skin a chance to settle, allow the heat reaction in the skin to return to normal and prevent infection of the treated open follicles.
AFTER TREATMENT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE:
- Redness, swelling and sensitivity of the skin in the area which has been treated up to 48 hours*
- The treated area and surrounding skin may feel hot for up to 48 hours*
- Pin dot crusting or small scabs may appear within the treated area
- The skin may itch as the healing process takes place
POINTS TO REMEMBER FOR 48 HOURS* AFTER TREATMENT
- Sterex Apres cream and Aloe Vera gel should be applied liberally using clean, damp cotton wool immediately after electrolysis to soothe, calm redness and prevent infection. Continue applying Aloe Vera gel for the next 21 days.
- To prevent irritation and the spread of infection, do not pick spots or small blood scabs which may appear a couple of days after treatment and depending on the skin, may take between 7–21 days to heal. Fine blood scabs are a normal post reaction response to the treatment, especially in the initial stages of having electrolysis. The fine blood scabs develop by the dry cauterized blood in the base of the follicle rising up through the follicle. Do not pick the area at all.
- For clients who have long hair, to reduce the risk of infected follicles, keep hair tied back off the face.
Avoid: Touching the treated area and do not pick any scabs that may form
Avoid: Self tans or fake tans as these can cause irritation to the skin, also avoid perfumes, and perfumed body lotions
Avoid: Direct sunlight, or sun bed treatment. If you must go out in the sun, use a high protection factor sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to avoid hyper pigmentation, especially on yellow based, Black and Asian skin types. Re apply in the middle of the day. UVA and UVB can cause pigmentation marks to appear on the treated area and wearing our SPF 30 will help to reduce this quicker, developing an even skin tone faster.
Avoid: Saunas, solaria, sun beds, jacuzzis and steam treatments as these can also cause pigmentation to develop
Avoid: Hot baths, showers
Avoid: Applying make-up to the treated area.
Avoid: Applying soap or perfumed products to the treated area
Avoid: Activities for 48 hours that stimulate blood flow following treatment
Avoid: Wearing tight or restricted clothing over treated body areas
POINTS TO REMEMBER WHILST HAVING ELECTROLYSIS
Use of Cleansing
- When washing or cleansing use gentle un perfumed cream cleanser or facial wash, never use soap on the treated area as this will further dry the skin. Gently pat the area dry to avoid dislodging any fine scabs or crusts.
- If you would like to bleach the downy hair growth between treatments, do not apply bleach for at least 48 hours after electrolysis.
- Do not pluck, tweeze, thread or remove hair with wax or depilatory cream remover between electrolysis treatments, as this will interrupt the hair growth cycle. It is safer to simply trim any noticeable unwanted hair with scissors
- Follow your Electrologist’s recommendations for your treatment plan and aftercare
- Use a high protection factor sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to avoid hyper pigmentation, especially on yellow based, Black and Asian skin types. Re apply in the middle of the day. UVA and UVB can cause pigment marks to appear on the treated area and wearing our SPF 30 will help to reduce this quicker, developing an even skin tone faster.
- Tell your Electrologist about any unusual reactions immediately in order that she may modify your treatment accordingly
THE CLINIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CLIENT’S SKIN CARE POST ELECTROLYSIS TREATMENT
* NB: For most people, after-effects of the treatment normally clear within 48 hours. However, everyone is different, so please do not be alarmed if it takes a bit longer. If in doubt, please contact us.
Advanced Cosmetic Procedure
First 2 hours
Skin mayfeel warm and appeara little sensitive and pink. Apply an icepack to the treated area when you get home to acceletate recovery.
Use Aloe vera gel to continue to soothe and calm the skin at home.
Avoid using makeup unless it is a mineral based makeup.
First 24 hours
Avoid excessive hot water or cold water.
Avoid strongly scented lotions or soaps, exofliating creams, and scrubbing.
Avoid picking or scratching the skin.
Apply SPF 30+ sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
24 to 72 hours
While your skin is still red…
Avoid using AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) or Vitamin A products.
Avoid swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/chlorine.
Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration.
Always remember to apply your SPF 30+ sunscreen everyday to protect your skin form the sun to avoid repeat damage and marking.
Skin pigmentation may take up to 6 months post treatment to clear. Some darker spots may take longer to lighten and somescaring may need ongoing maintenance. Some spots may form a scab and will naturally purge from the skin. A clinical therapist will assess your skin and advise you accordingly.
- Do not undertake any other facial treatments within 48 hours of your appointment.
- Avoid heat treatments such as sauna, steam room for 48 hours.
- Avoid perfumed products, self tan or heavy makeup application for 24 hours.
- Do not apply exfoliating skincare products to skin for 72 hours after a CACI treatment.
- Avoid touching the area. Your skin’s pores may be open and dirty fingers can cause infection.
- Drink plenty of water to flush away any toxins released during the CACI treatment.
- Avoid showering before bed to allow facial products maximum time to treat your skin.
- SPF 20 must be worn daily for one month afterwards. Microdermabrasion removes top protective layer of skin cells, so extra protection is necessary for one month post.
- Do not use exfoliation products i.e. AHA’s, Glycolic & Retin A products for 12 hours post peel
- No exposure to sunbeds for one month post treatment
- No Heat treatments permitted for 48hrs afterwards i.e. sauna, steam room, hot showers, facial waxing
- No make up application permitted for 48hrs afterwards, with the exception of a mineral make up which can be applied immediately after.
- No Shaving the face for 48 hours after
- No perfumes/aftershaves for 48hrs after
- Skin may be red for a short while afterwards.
- Any impurities under the skin will come to the surface within a short time after the treatment, so a breakout is a good sign of the skin clearing impurities from within.
- In the rare event that you incur scratches on your skin, post microdermabrasion, apply aloe vera to sooth the skin. The scratches will take about one week to heal.
- Blocked pores/blackhead’s: For clients with blocked pores, a course of 6 microdermabrasion treatments are recommended fortnightly. Glycolic products should be used at home nightly to keep pores clean & to maintain the results of the peel
- Pigmentation: For clients with Pigmentation, use of a daily lightening products is recommended.
13 Thomas Street,
+44 (0)1204 524419
Sun & Mon: Closed.
Tues-Fri: 10am - 5pm.
Sat: 9am - 6pm.
Open for group bookings outside of opening hours. Please call to enquire about availablitly.